I've decided the cat naps need to stop. I know I don't get to just decide this, but I think that Jack needs to start napping in his crib, and that it needs to be for longer than 20-30 minutes. So today I put Jack down in his crib for a nap at 10am, it took 25 minutes of swaddling, putting the pacifier back in, giving him something to occupy his hands so he didn't pull the pacifier out, resting my hand on his tummy, and various other things... but I didn't pick him up and eventually he fell asleep, and SLEPT FOR AN HOUR!
It was glorious.
Then 3pm rolled around, and his eyes got red, and he started rubbing them... So I laid him in his crib. It was still a battle, but not like the morning. He slept for 2 HOURS!!!! I honestly didn't know what to do with myself. I kept staring at the monitor just waiting for him to wake up. I didn't even get much accomplished.
So I won the nap battle today... I'm sure it's a fluke. I wish I could reason with him. What I wouldn't give to take naps again.

No comments:
Post a Comment