Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Poop Incident

I couldn't pass up sharing this story...  Jack has become a little irregular.  He can go 4-8 days between pooping, I think this bothers me more than it bothers him.  He's really doesn't seem too upset about it, he doesn't get too fussy until about the last day.  We've been trying dark karo syrup in a bottle for 2 weeks, and that hasn't really helped.

This morning was D-Day.  And when Jack poops, he poops the 4-8 days worth.  So I don't find it acceptable to be told that breast-fed babies can go 7-10 days between bowel movements.  That's BS, if that were the case, he would have a normal poop, not a giant blow out each time.

I got up at 7 because he was fussing, and took him to his room to be changed.  As I opened the diaper he let loose.  And it came out with such force it arced over the foot of the changing table and SPLATTERED against the dresser that is probably a good 2-3 feet away.  This was the first total blow-out Craig has witnessed.  He tried to be a trooper, he really did... he held the sack open for me to throw the 2 diapers I used to try to "catch" the poop with and the 20 million wipes I used to try to clean Jack up.  Eventually he started gagging, and told me he had to leave for work.  Once again, Jack went to the bath, and I cleaned him (and myself) up, started a load of laundry and scrubbed down the changing table, wall, bin of bath toys that was sitting next to the foot of the changing table, laundry basket, and of course... the dresser.  I'm calling the Dr. today, it is unacceptable that my kid can be so backed up that he can $hit with the velocity he did this morning.

Jack's a happy guy today...



No comments:

Post a Comment