Friday, May 11, 2012

Week at Grandma & Grandpa's

We spent the week at Grandma and Grandpa Gesie's.  It was an interesting trip up.  We took off at 5:30 and headed North, about 2/3 of the way there I pulled off in Mt. Pleasant because it was raining so hard I could barely see.  Just as I parked the car and picked up my phone to call and tell my parents I was stopping until the rain let up they called me.  There was a tornado 20 miles north of where I was.  So, Jack and I hung out in the Hy-Vee parking lot for an hour.  We took off again and drove for about 30 minutes... before I realized I got on the wrong highway and was half way to Ottumwa.  I was beyond furious, it's probably a good thing Jack doesn't understand anything I say.  We didn't roll into Solon until sometime around midnight... it should have been 9:30 if we'd driven straight with one stop.

The stop is for me, I need a break when I drive (sometimes multiple breaks), and how can I pass up Casey's pizza for dinner?  Jack does great on car rides.  He pretty much falls asleep before we are out of the neighborhood.

The week was pretty uneventful, we crashed Grandma and Grandpa Gesie's 30th anniversary dinner.  Except for the last day there.  Jack hadn't pooped in 5 days.  At about 6 weeks, Jack quit pooping daily to going 4-5 days between poops.  I've called the pediatrician about it and we're going to discuss it in more detail at his 2 month appointment next week.  However, he was getting a little grouchy and had been straining all morning.  Until he let loose.  I laid him out on a changing pad on the kitchen table and began to take his pants off... there was poop EVERYWHERE.  I ended up stripping him down, throwing his clothes in the kitchen sink, and started to make my way to the bathroom for a bath, as it was in his hair and hands and everywhere after I had to take his clothes off since they were LITERALLY COVERED IN POOP.  Thankfully Grandma rolled in right then.  I came to the front door and banged on it with my head... I'm sure the sight of what she walked into will stick with her for awhile... naked, poop covered baby in my arms, poop all over my shirt, poop covered clothes in the kitchen sink, poop all over the changing pad, it was a disaster, I gagged a little cleaning the poop out of his clothes.

 I managed to get a smile on camera

 Jack helping me out at work

Such a big boy!  He took his first nap in his crib

No comments:

Post a Comment