After we returned from the Boston/Maine trip, I expected Jack to be a little out of sorts, and to possibly be a little difficult for a few days until we got back into our "routine". Not that we have much of a routine, we pretty much go by Jack's mood. I had also decided we were going to establish more of a routine. Boy was I wrong...
Jack has slept through the night since 6 weeks. I know, I'm lucky. But, I got used to that. Suddenly he is waking up in the middle of the night. Absolutely hysterical. I tried letting him cry it out the first night, it was heart breaking and I went in after 5 minutes, because he really wasn't calming down at all. For the past week he has been waking up at various times during the night. Not at a specific time, so I know he hasn't developed a new schedule. He's been very difficult during the day. Crying/clingy. It's just not normal for him.
So I Googled it. I came to the conclusion he had reached the "5 month wakeful period", don't ask me what it is. I can't explain it, all I really gathered is that for no reason whatsoever babies go through a period of time around 5 months where they go through a sleep regression. There are all kinds of things to try to sleep train, and various methods. I decided to just hope he grew out of it sooner rather than later.
Or perhaps he is teething?
I was exhausted last night, so I made up a bottle and handed Jack and the bottle to Craig. Jack ate all 8 oz. And it dawns on me, the kid is going through a growth spurt. It only took me a week to realize it. That he is in fact STARVING, mother of the year award here I come.
I did get Jack's 3 month pictures professionally taken... Yea, yea, I'm just now getting around to getting them ordered. Here are some of my favorites.





No comments:
Post a Comment