Craig's first Father's Day as a father... I won't pretend to know how he feels about this. I suppose I could ask him to write in the blog about it, but I don't think he'd be interested. What I do know, is that he loves Jack and is very proud of him. I love to watch the two of them interact with each other. He's such a great dad. (And husband... I don't tell him that enough).
I've been told I married my father. I don't think that's such a bad thing (the two of them might disagree with this though). I think my dad is pretty great. He's always been there for me, and talks me off the edge... kind of like what Craig does now. My dad makes me feel special. He remembers to tell me he's excited to see me too, not just Jack and gives me a hug when I see him. I don't know if he knows how much that means to me. It's hard to have a baby and be suddenly pushed to the side... does that sound selfish? Maybe it is, but it's an adjustment I'm still making. People are excited to see me, but they are WAY more excited to see Jack. I'm ok with that, but it's nice when he takes the time to make me feel important too :)
We were in Kansas City for Father's Day this weekend. Randy is another example of a great dad. How many sons have their dad as their best man in their wedding? I've never seen it. I think it speaks volumes on their relationship.
So Happy Father's Day to all the Father's in my life. I love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment