I've been "back to work" for about 2 months now. Initially it wasn't so bad. We had re-org'd while I was on maternity leave and my boss told me to lay low and get lost in the shuffle. Recently they've dug me out of my cave I was hiding in. It sucks. We are short staffed, so I've been working 8-5:30, taking a break and getting back on after Jack goes to bed and working another 2-4 hours. I know I shouldn't complain, I realize how lucky I am that I get to stay home with Jack, but being a "Stay at home mom" who works from home presents its own challenges. I'm working a full-time job, while taking care of Jack (TOTALLY NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT THAT PART), in addition to those 2 jobs, there is a house to take care of. It's hard to justify not doing anything around the house when I'm here all day, but in reality I wouldn't be doing anything around the house if I was going to work.
It's hard, but the fact that this is what my office looks like some days makes it a little less crappy...
No comments:
Post a Comment