Friday, September 28, 2012

The Napping Situation

Jack was a 30 minute napper.  Well, technically 28 minutes.  You could set your watch by it.  I decided this had to stop.  Why?  Because when your kid only naps for 28 minutes you get NOTHING accomplished.  Those dumb moms who have kids that take 3 hour naps don't know how good they have it.  They can do whatever they want for 3 WHOLE HOURS, I on the other hand get Jack to sleep, and slooooooooooooowly and gently place him in his crib and tiptoe out of his room.  And then I make a mad dash around the house.  Scrubbing any dishes and putting them in the dishwasher, starting laundry, maybe if I'm lucky a shower.  It's my own personal 28 minute marathon.  Oh, and I'm working during this too, so I have to check in there and do that since I need to bring home the dough.

So, I decided to "fix" the situation.  And we started by getting on a schedule, don't judge me... Jack has the luxury of eating/sleeping/playing when he wants since I work from home, a schedule wasn't really anything we felt we needed.  Well, now we need it.  So I started by putting him down for a nap 2 hours after he got up.  This was exhausting, because now we are taking 4 naps, and it takes me 30 minutes to get him to take a (28 minute) nap.  So I get the genius idea that maybe if I lay with him, he'll sleep longer.  It works in the mornings, when he wakes up at 5 and I bring him to the bed and feed him and then he sleeps for another 3 hours.

You see where this is going?  Good news, we nap now.  For 1.5 to 2 hours at a time!!!  Happy dance!  I get work done, and don't have to get back on late at night to finish stuff up.  Bad news, the nap occurs in our bed.  I know, I KNOW, I KNOOOOOOOW.  I'm just creating a problem down the road.  But you know what, right now it works, and I don't care.

Who wouldn't want to snuggle with this anyways?

No comments:

Post a Comment