Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Weekend in Chicago

... WITHOUT JACK ...

Was I crazy to agree to this?!?!

Craig and I headed to Chicago over Labor Day weekend to cheer on the Hawks at Soldier Field, and go to my first Cubs game.  We left Jack home with Grandpa and Grandma.  To say I had second thoughts about this is the understatement of the year.

I was strong though, and didn't shed a tear... neither did Jack.  Grandpa and Grandma reported that he was an angel for them, never cried, and they played, played, played, played, played.  I'm sure this week will prove to be tough for Jack and I, as I get him used to not being held 24/7 again.

But, lets back up.  I had a couple "firsts" without Jack this weekend.  Thursday night I got to go to the Lion King (broadway show, not the movie) with a couple of friends from the neighborhood.  IT WAS FANTASTIC.  I recommend going to see it, and spending the extra money to get seats on the main floor (close to the aisle if possible).  This meant Jack and Dad's first night alone, all night, without being able to call me.  (Or me to call and check in on them)  I think Craig and I were both a little nervous about it.  But he did wonderful.  Jack and Craig went to Columbia to meet Grandpa Calhoun for dinner, I received this picture... I wasn't exactly thrilled about it.

But a little tea didn't kill him.  He was in bed by the time I got home.  And from what I was told, things went pretty smoothly.

Grandpa and Grandma Gesie came down on Friday.  And we headed to Chicago to stay the weekend with Andrew, Katy and Madelyn.  It was hard to leave.  And I missed Jack like crazy all weekend.  But managed to have a good time.  It was nice to be able to sleep in and not have to worry about Jack.  Since Aunt Niki and Geoff also came to town to help babysit Jack, I got to FaceTime with him both days.  He really missed me too, NOT.  I honestly thought I'd at least get a big grin when I came home on Monday.  He didn't seem to excited to see us.

So I made it through the first time away from Jack.  And he had a blast without Mom and Dad.


No comments:

Post a Comment