And a whole lot of waiting is what we've been doing...
We got checked in around 11:30am yesterday (March 13) to start this induction process. I knew it would take some time... but REALLY?
The nurse placed the Cervadil at noon, she told me "And now we just wait". That I needed to wait 2 hours to make sure I don't start active labor as a result and then I can order lunch. Nothing happened, I got to order lunch. I saved part of my lunch. Including the really good looking frosted brownie. The nurse came back around 4 and eyed my tray and said "You aren't saving that for later are you?" I just kind of looked at her, while thinking to myself, 'No, just thought I'd sit and stare at it, see if it talked'.
Me: "Yes..."
Nurse: "Oh honey, guess I should have mentioned. Lunch was your last meal until you have this baby."
Me: "WHAT?!?"
Nurse: "Yea, sorry about that. I'm going to go grab something, when I come back I have to take this tray with me."
I gobbled the brownie before the door closed behind her. NOTHING TO EAT UNTIL I DELIVER??? She told me that we would wait 12 hours on this Cervadil before they would start the Pitocin drip. If you don't know already, let me inform you... my sister and I have this thing. We need to eat every 4 hours, or we get really crabby, REALLY fast.
So at midnight we took out the Cervadil and started Pitocin. I got a turkey sandwich when that happened. And the nurse told me, "Ok, you really can't eat anything until you have this baby". This is crap. Nothing has happened, and we've been waiting 24 hours. I told my Dr. last night that I wanted to go for a c-section if the 24 hour mark rolled around. She's convinced me to wait until 4pm tonight, she wants to try a few things to move the labor along. I won't go into details on what she is planning, but I'm getting the epidural shortly.
My parents have been coming and going, trying to entertain Craig and me. Randy showed up at 11 last night. It was a nice surprise. He has to head back to Kansas City soon, I don't think I'll have this baby before he takes off, which sucks.
Me on my overnight bed... Dad hanging out on the delivery bed and Craig's bed for the night.
Hi there,
ReplyDeleteI guess Jack must be sleeping a alot today. You seem to have a lot of time to be creative. Any way I love this!