My mom has been telling me for weeks I need to pack my bag. I've been ignoring her motherly advice just like the good daughter I am. Then we scheduled the induction, and I told myself, I'm not going to go into labor on my own I'll pack my bag the night before. Then the Dr. said they would probably call me around 11 to come in, to make sure I had a good breakfast that morning, and she'd see me at the hospital. Our neighbors told us about how they did the same thing... and didn't get called in until 4pm that day.
So I had it all planned out. I would get up, "work" a half day. I had my "final" meal planned (cream eggs on toast for those of you just dying to know that detail). I would take a nice bath AND shower that morning, maybe shave my legs, pack my bags, and wait for the phone call. When they called, I would call Craig and he'd come home and get me and we would head in. Birds chirping in the background, sun shining all nice and tidy.
Well the way it actually works, the hospital puts together a list of "first come, first serve" for inductions, and then starts calling people in based on the number of deliveries from the night before. Last night must have been a slow night, because I woke up to my alarm at 7:50 and a missed call and voicemail from some unknown St. Louis number. The hospital called me at 6:30am!!! I called them back, they told me to head in ASAP, they were ready for me. Story of my life, I'll be late to my own funeral. (Note* I was ready 30 minutes early for my wedding, something my mother always said I would also be late to)
After many phone calls, a shower, a scramble to pack my bags and make sure everything was ready, and LOTS of crying... we head in around 10:30am. I didn't get my last meal, or any meal for that matter, I was too nervous and upset.
So, here is a picture of me as we are running to leave for the hospital... 4 hours after they told me to head in asap. And one from 15 weeks just for fun comparisons.
I just considered captioning them, and then figured it was probably unnecessary to tell you which one was 15 weeks and which one was 39.5 weeks... Note* The sun was shining

No comments:
Post a Comment